|Mortise Cylinder .com|
|Your Mortise Cylinder Source|
Medeco3 Premium High Security
For effective mechanical protection against most forms of attack as well as protection against unauthorized duplicate keys, Medeco3 cylinders are recommended. Security features including hardened steel components, pins that must be elevated, rotated, and interact with both a sidebar and a slider, and additional pick resistant features make Medeco3 the cylinder of choice to protect people, property and information.
Medeco® Rim and Mortise cylinders provide patented key control and the Medeco3 version provides UL437 Physical Security in adaptable retrofit cylinder formats. Medeco® Mortise cylinders have threads on the outside of the shell and are designed to be screwed into other manufacturer’s mortise lock cases. A cam on the back of the cylinder operates the lock mechanism and a set screw holds the mortise cylinder in place. Medeco® Rim cylinders are used with auxiliary rim locks such as: surface mounted deadbolts, night latches, panic devices and jimmyproof locks (also know as vertical dropbolts or interlocking deadbolts). Rim cylinders are held in place with a back plate and two mounting screws. 10 series, rim and mortise cylinders, are UL437 Listed for drill and pick resistance, and the those that incorporate the Medeco3, BiLevel, or Medeco X4 design, offer utility patented key control.
• Comes with standard Yale style cam, DL authorization card and 2 keys.
• Utility patented key control provides protection against the unauthorized duplication of keys
• A special elevating and rotating pin tumbler design, along with false slots on the bottom pins, mushroom top pins and a sidebar mechanism, work together, to provide superior pick resistance
• Angled cuts on the keys, along with fore and aft positioning, and the reciprocal slider of the Medeco3 design, provide added dimensions that dramatically increases key combinations and enables Medeco® to produce some of the largest master key systems in the industry
• Hardened steel inserts, positioned in critical areas of the cylinder, provide a high degree of drill resistance
• Solid brass construction provides high quality and long cylinder life
• Set screw pin chamber caps allow quick and easy pinning and re-keying without the need to take the cylinder apart
• Large variety of cylinder lengths and cam/tailpiece configurations provide excellent retrofit capability and reduce the need to replace the entire locking device
Flexible options designed to retrofit various manufacturers of Mortise and Rim locks
Warranted for two (2) years against manufacturer’s defects. See the Medeco® limited warranty for full details
• UL437 Listing assures superior pick and drill resistance
• BHMA A156.30 Certification assures patent protected key control and physical strength
• BHMA A156.5 Grade 1 Certification assures consistent quality for heavy use applications
• Available in all standard finishes to match existing hardware